Why should only kids have all the fun of doing creative projects? As an adult, taking a moment to celebrate the childhood days; where arts and crafts existed in our lives. Growing up has halted a lot of creativity in ourselves. With the busy life routine as parents, managing home plus work, it is a difficult task to take out some free time. Yet, it is essential to make some free time for you.
After all, it is an effective method to relax. By doing crafts, one learns to work as a designer of their products. Thus, in return, it helps to think and work, intelligently and creatively. For adults, it could also be a task to channel emotions. Many choose to do crafts as a way to unleash creativity, while other’s mainstream for a side hustle.
Yes, you read that right. Adults can invest some time into crafting and also get paid for their hard work. These extensive homemade goodies could be useful for; gifts, home decor, party decorations, and so much more.
You don’t necessarily have to be expert crafters. Minimal effort and practice are more than enough. After all, “creativity is intelligence having fun!”
Look around; you may already have the resources you need to create a craft. Use these items and let creativity do the rest.
Here we have compiled a few ideas to inspire your creativity-
Paper Chain Wall-hanging
A simple project yet, an exclusive home decor! Patience is very crucial in this.
- Card stock in rainbow colours, or colours of your choice
- 17” x 1″ cardboard cylinder
- A thick jute ropes
- Hot glue gun
- Trim all the 264 pieces into 1 1/2″ x 5 1/2″ strips. There are twenty-nine rows and nine columns.
- Form a rhythmic pattern with the colours.
- Begin the process by stacking on the cylinder and continue it downwards.
- Use hot-glue to secure the strips together.
- Insert jute thread into the cylinder. Tie a tight knot.
Note- This project may take roughly three hours to finish.
You would hear your children complain about plain clothing. They want to have everything colourful, from t-shirts to bottom to even hair accessories. So, the best part of being a parent is, you do not have to worry about going shopping.
- White t-shirt
- Dye of different colours
- Rubber bands
- Rubber gloves
- Zip-lock bags
- Wooden stick
- Paper towels and paper plates
- Soak the plain, cotton, white t-shirt.
- Add warm water in the dye bottles.
- Place the soaked shirt flat on the ground. Use the wooden rod to make a clockwise swirl.
- After the tee forms a pie shape, put rubber bands.
- Place the cloth on the paper plate. Now squeeze the dye out in the sections. Once completing one side, flip and then repeat the same on the back.
- Place the tee in a zip-lock bag and seal tight. Leave it for 24-hours.
Several girls plain white t shirt can be decorated with this technique. Thus, it is a successful method to make those boring clothes into something glorious with your creativity.
Confetti coupe cocktail glasses
Turn your plain boring glasses into a colourful piece. An eye-catching creation at the party! Pretty easy, but they create a long-lasting impact.
- Wine glasses
- Permanent sticky vinyl
- Cut tiny vinyl pieces in various sizes and shapes
- Peel off the back and stick the bits on the outside of the glass.
- Repeat this process in any pattern, and fill a portion of the glass.
TA-DA! Your unique multi-coloured glass is ready.