We’re taking a break from all things matte and embracing the shimmering fun of metallics!
Featured in the Brandon Maxwell, Balmain, Alexis Mabille and Nicholas K runway shows and spotted on the Emmys red carpet, there’s no stopping this glitzy trend.
We love metallic hues because of their versatility; they can be used to pull off a range of looks and work well with every skin tone.
For a glam bronzed look go with gold as it brings out the warmer tones in your skin and pairs perfectly with bronzer. If you want a cooler tone to suit the cold weather silver has cool undertones making it great for bringing out luminous looking skin. If edgier vibes are more your thing apply silver and black for a heavy metal feel or a copper smokey eye for dramatic glam.
Find the shine a bit daunting? Our makeup artist and trainer, Monique, has shared her pro tips to help you ease into the glistening world of metallic; apply silver to your inner eye corners to brighten them up, wear a metallic lip, add to your cheekbone for shimmery cheeks, highlight your cupid’s bow, wear metallic liner, or go bolder with shimmer-washed lids.
Can’t find the perfect shade in your makeup kit? Monique suggests mixing your favourite metallic pigment with duraline to turn your favourite colour into a metallic liner.
Gold, silver, bronze, or copper, watch Monique’s metallic madness tutorial and try adding metal accents to your makeup at home!
Metallic Madness Makeup Tutorial
Metallic Madness Makeup Steps
- Apply a warm shade of brown to the inner corner of your eye
- Using a small angled eyeliner brush, apply metallic liner to the crease of your eye and wing out
- Apply the same metallic liner along your lash line and create a flick. Follow the shape of the line in the crease
- Add a new metallic shade to create a contrast between the flicks and the inner corner of the eye
- Join the metallic eyeliner along your lower lash line to the flick
- Use the loose metallic pigment on a larger brush to soften the lower lash line
- Using an angled eyeliner brush and metallic liner, outline your eyebrows
- Finish with a coat of mascara